Sustainable Practices Guide: Sustainable Practices Initiative
Intent: To make the world a better place to live by…
OUR (QUAINTANCE-WEAVER RESTAURANTS & HOTELS) MISSION…
To be of genuine service to our Guests, Fellow Staff Members, Owners (who are solely QW staff members), and the Earth & Her People.
- Provide our guests with the highest quality food, drink and accommodations at a good value.
- Ensure that each guest receives prompt, friendly, attentive service by a well-trained service staff in a
clean, comfortable, well-maintained environment that is warm and hospitable (pleasant acoustics, lighting, temperature and aroma).
- Offer an outstanding menu plus an impressive selection of specials in our restaurant’s and an outstanding array of gracious amenities in distinctive hotels.
- Provide employment that is rewarding and offers education and opportunity in a fair, diverse and inclusive environment.
- Generate profits that: a) afford compensation and benefits for those who contribute, and b) allow the company to grow.
(QW is owned by the QW ESOP Trust, which exists solely to provide retirement benefits to QW staff members. We are 100% Employee Owned!)
- Consider sustainable practices in our social and physical worlds, with all of our decisions. (See our Sustainable Practices Initiative & Fairness Doctrine below.)
OUR SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES INITIATIVE…
We consider how our decisions affect currentand future generations by focusing on:
- Energy and water use.
- The tenets of reduce, reuse and recycle.
- As much as possible, buying food, beverages, supplies and equipment that’s made utilizing credibly “sustainable” practices.
- Healthy indoor environments.
- Buying even more food from local farmers, food makers and vendors.
- Seeking third-party certification for our efforts.
- Researching “best practices.”
- Having the goal of being a leader in these practices in our industry and our community.
OUR FAIRNESS DOCTRINE…
Because some groups have not, and are not, always treated fairly, we will proactively reach out to such communities by:
- Being extraordinarily committed to our “Fairness” and “Diversity & Inclusion” programs with the objective of being a role model for other organizations.
- Focusing much of our underwriting and sponsorship efforts to the African American, Latino, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer and/or Questioning (LGBTQ) communities, plus other such groups.
- Working with refugee communities when we have employment opportunities.
- Looking for opportunities to employ people with different abilities.
- Encouraging a merit-based culture that seeks opportunities for women, minorities, the LGBTQ community and other such groups.