Sustainable Practices Guide: Sustainable Practices Initiative
Sustainable Practices | Resources
Intent: To make the world a better place to live by…
OUR (QUAINTANCE-WEAVER RESTAURANTS & HOTELS) MISSION…
To be of genuine service to our Guests, Fellow Staff Members, Owners (who are solely QW staff members), and the Earth & Her People.
- Provide our guests with the highest quality food, drink and accommodations at a good value.
- Ensure that each guest receives prompt, friendly, attentive service by a well-trained service staff in a
clean, comfortable, well-maintained environment that is warm and hospitable (pleasant acoustics, lighting, temperature and aroma).
- Offer an outstanding menu plus an impressive selection of specials in our restaurant’s and an outstanding array of gracious amenities in distinctive hotels.
- Provide employment that is rewarding and offers education and opportunity in a fair, diverse and inclusive environment.
- Generate profits that: a) afford compensation for those who contribute, b) increase the value of staff members’ ESOP retirement accounts and c) allow QW to grow.
- Consider sustainable practices, in our social & physical worlds, with all of our decisions. (See our Sustainable Practices Initiative & Fairness Doctrine below.)
OUR SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES INITIATIVE…
We consider how our decisions affect current and future generations by focusing on:
- Energy and water use.
- The tenets of reduce, reuse and recycle.
- As much as possible, buying food, beverages, supplies and equipment that’s made utilizing credibly “sustainable” practices.
- Healthy indoor environments.
- Buying even more food from local farmers, food makers and vendors.
- Seeking third-party certification for our efforts.
- Researching “best practices.”
- Having the goal of being a leader in these practices in our industry and our community.