Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels has a strong commitment to providing excellent service to all of our guests, including respecting their concerns about privacy. We understand that visitors to our website may have questions about how this website collects and uses information.
This statement contains numerous general and technical details about the steps we take to respect your privacy concerns. The bottom line is that meeting your needs and expectations form the foundation of everything we do — including protecting your privacy.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or privacy concerns please send an e-mail to [email protected] or write to:
Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels
324 West Wendover Avenue, Suite 320,
Greensboro, North Carolina 27408
This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by these websites. Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotel will notify you of the following:
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you
- What information we collect
- With whom it is shared
- How it can be corrected
- How it is secured
- How policy changes will be communicated
- How to address concerns over misuse of personal data
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We are the sole owners of the information collected on these sites. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Personal Information. By visiting or using our Sites, we may collect the following categories of personal information (” personal information “) you provide to us: name; email address; postal address; phone number (including your mobile phone number); billing information; survey responses; demographics; current and past hotel/restaurant reservation details; booking path; favorite restaurants; searches; sites or hotel/restaurant pages visited; special restaurant/hotel requests; dining activity (e.g., frequency, restaurants, restaurant type, meal type, cancellations); hotel stay activity (e.g., frequency, hotels, reservation preferences, cancellations): dining preferences; marketing responses; photos of you (such as if you add a photo of yourself to your profile) ; account settings; passwords; contact information of people you add to, or notify of, your hotel/restaurant reservations through our Sites; names and email addresses of recipients of gift cards and gift certificates, guest support and other requests you make through our Sites and through hotels/restaurants; hotel/restaurant reviews and other information you provide on our Sites; and other information you may provide about yourself or others to our Sites or to which you provide us with access via third-party platforms.
We do not proactively collect personal information considered as sensitive personal information such as health-related information. However, our Sites include text boxes which are designed for you to provide your choice of certain information about your hotel stay/dining preferences. You should be aware that information you freely submit in these boxes may reveal to us or to the hotels and restaurants certain information that may be considered as sensitive personal information under applicable law. For certain services on our Sites, credit or debit card account information may be required.
Device Information: When you visit our Sites or open communications (such as emails), some information is automatically collected from devices (e.g., mobile, computer, laptop, tablet) used to visit or use our Sites including, but not limited to, operating system, access times, browser information (e.g., type, language, and history), settings, and other data about your device that we use to provide the services or as otherwise described in this Policy (” device information”). We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies (see our Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising Policy for more details).
Location Information: If you use our Site, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighborhood) or, with your consent, precise geographic location data from your mobile device when the app is running and when it is not running. We may, for example, receive this information when you when you are on our Sites, in proximity to certain beacons, choose to publish your location in reviews you leave for Hotels/ Restaurants on the Sites, or in your comments or communications with us. We may use and store this information to provide and improve features of our Sites, for example, to tailor our Sites on a needs-based manner to better facilitate your requests and to provide you more relevant content about restaurants in your dining city or cities you visit. Please see the Your Choices section, below, for more information about how to adjust your preferences, including those related to location information.
Internet Protocol (IP) Address: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you browse the Internet. When users request a page from our site, our servers log the user’s current IP address. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information about you.
Orders: We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. We’ll use this information to contact you if we have trouble processing an order and to share news and updates related to your order.
Surveys & Contests: From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey and contest information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the satisfaction of the restaurants and hotels and sharing news, updates and special offers.
Personal information, device information, location, etc are collectively referred to as “your information.”
Children: Our Sites and our products and services are not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without such parent or guardian’s consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information for the following purposes (” Purposes”), to: provide you with the services, products, and functionality offered on our Sites and fulfill your requests, including, but not limited to, making reservations, reviewing restaurants, paying for services, joining waitlists, sending gift cards, gift certificates and event tickets to recipients that you designate, and notifying people you add to, or otherwise request to notify of, your hotel/restaurant reservations through our Sites; communicate with you about your account or use of our Sites, services, products and/or functionality; respond to, or follow up on, your comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer service; communicate with you about special offers and other marketing communications; operate and improve our Sites, products, services, and functionality; process and deliver contest entries and rewards; authenticate your credit or debit card account information, if applicable; tailor your experience on our Sites, including search results and displaying relevant advertising; provide information, services and products to our guests; link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; perform statistical analysis; protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; comply with our policies, procedures and legal obligations; and as otherwise consented to by you and as required or permitted by applicable law.
If you do not provide us with certain of your information, we may not be able to fulfill the requested Purpose of collection, such as to respond to your queries or provide our Sites to you.
Combined Information: We may combine your personal information with device information and location information (with your consent, where required) to serve you specifically, such as to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions, or for advertising or advertising targeting purposes. When we combine personal information, device information and location information in this way, we treat it as, and apply all of the safeguards in this Policy applicable to, your information.
Electronic Communications: Consistent with the above Purposes, we may communicate with you via electronic messages, including email, text message, or mobile push notification to, for example: send you information relating to our products and services, including reservation and waitlist confirmations and updates, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and/or, subject to the Your Choices section, below, and/or applicable law, communicate with you about contests, offers, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Quaintance-Weaver Restaurant and Hotels. With your consent, where required, we may contact you at the mobile phone number that you provide to us by way of direct dial calls and text messages in connection with the above Purposes.
Aggregated Information: We may aggregate personal information collected from you and other users as well as device information and location information (with your consent, where required) to produce general statistics that cannot be linked to you or any other specific user and with which we attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve our services, and to analyze and understand how our Sites and products are used.
Retention: We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfill the Purposes outlined in this Policy and as otherwise needed to comply with applicable law and internal company policies.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We treat the information you provide to us as confidential information; it is, accordingly, subject to our company’s security procedures and strict corporate policies regarding protection and use of confidential information. Because laws applicable to personal information vary by state and country, our hotels or other business operations may put in place additional measures that vary depending on the applicable legal requirements. Information collected on the sites covered by this privacy statement, which are listed in the first paragraph, is generally processed and stored in the United States.
The personally identifiable information you provide to us for making a reservation is used for the purpose of meeting your reservation request. If you cancel your reservation, the information is stored for record keeping purposes only and is not accessed again. After making a reservation or completing your stay or dine at a Quaintance-Weaver Restaurant or Hotel, unless you tell us otherwise, the information you provide may be used by us for direct marketing of special offers and promotions we believe would of interest to you. Quaintance-Weaver Restaurant and Hotel may use the services of a third party mail house for the sole purpose of mailing materials.
Payment Card Information:
To use certain services on our Sites (such as to make reservations at certain restaurants; to make payments to certain hotel/restaurants; and to reserve a room, purchase gift card, gift certificate, or other products or services), we may require credit or debit card account information. By submitting your credit or debit card account information through our Sites, to the extent permitted by applicable law, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with restaurants, third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers (including, but not limited to, vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties), and you further agree to the following terms.
When you use a credit or debit card to secure a reservation through our Sites, we provide your credit or debit card account information (including card number and expiration date, but excluding the CVV number) to our third-party payment service providers and the applicable restaurant.
If you purchase gift card, gift certificate, or other products or services from us, we collect the credit or debit card account information from you. We share this information with our third-party payment service providers in order to process your payments. These third parties may also store your credit or debit card information, other than your CVV number, for your future use on our Sites, to the extent permitted by local law. Your CVV number will not be stored and must be re-entered for each order.
Information You Share Socially
Our Sites may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends. Our Sites may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use third-party platforms, including those on which Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels has a presence. Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels also does not control the privacy practices of third-party platforms. Please contact those sites and services directly to learn about their privacy practices.
We do not share your information with third parties other than as described above and as follows:
We may share information with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who perform functions on our behalf (e.g., hosting or operating our Sites, data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, site analytics, data analysis, delivering marketing messages and advertisements, processing credit card payments, and providing fraud detection services). We do not authorize these third parties to use your information for purposes other than for which it has been provided, and do not authorize these third parties to disclose that information to unauthorized parties. We require these third parties to maintain appropriate security to protect your information from unauthorized access or processing.
We may disclose your information to regulatory authorities, courts, government agencies and other third parties where we believe that doing so would be in accordance with or permitted or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process, to defend the interests, rights, and/or property of Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels or others, or to respond to emergencies.
We may otherwise share your information as directed by you or subject to your consent.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
Securing the Transmission and Storage of Information: When we ask you for credit card data when making a reservation or purchasing a gift certificate, it is transferred over a Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) line provided you are using a SSL enabled browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. We also use SSL on other select pages where you would enter personally identifiable information. This ensures that your information is encrypted as it travels over the Internet. This secure mode is enabled before any such information is transmitted from your computer. You will know you are in secure mode when the padlock or key icon in the lower right-hand or left-hand corner of the computer screen appears in the locked position. In addition, when accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address will change from http to https. After information reaches the Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels, it is stored on a secure server that resides behind firewalls designed to block unauthorized access from outside the Company.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Third parties may also view, edit, or set their own cookies. We and our third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also place web beacons for such third parties. The use of these technologies by such third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy, except as required by law.
Cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as beacons, scripts, and tags, are small bits of code, usually stored on a user’s computer hard drive or device, which enable a website to “personalize” itself for each user by remembering information about the user’s visit to the website. We also use these technologies within emails or other communications we send to you. Where required by law, we will obtain your consent before we collect this information from your device or use these technologies.
Third Party Cookies. We work with third-parties that place cookies on our Sites to provide their services, including:
- Ad Targeting. We work with third-party advertising companies to serve ads while you are visiting our Sites and permit these companies to place and access their own cookies on your computer in the course of serving advertisements on our Sites. These companies may use information obtained through their cookie (which does not include your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to our and other websites, in combination with non-personally identifiable information about your purchases and interests from other online sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not ours. Data Providers: We also allow data providers to collect web log data from you (which may include IP address, where permitted, and information about your browser or operating system), when you visit our Sites, or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with data providers solely in hashed, non-human readable form.
- Analytics/Measurement. We also use third-party analytics cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the Sites, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimize and improve our Sites and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our Sites. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our Sites after they have been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites.
- Google Analytics Suite and Google Analytics Advertising. Our Sites use Google Analytics 360 Suite, including and Google Analytics Advertising, which are web analytics and analytics advertising services provided by Google, Inc., which use third party cookies. Where required, our Sites have activated the IP-address anonymization functionality so that the IP-address of the user is shortened by Google. Our Sites may also use the following Google Analytics Advertising features: Google Remarketing with Analytics, Google Segments, Google Ads. These features use third party cookies to collect information about our website traffic by tracking users across websites and across time and generating reports for us to better understand our website users and to create audiences for our advertisements based on such understanding.
- Remarketing Pixel Tags. In addition, we may share website usage information about visitors to our Sites with third-party advertising companies for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis on our Sites and other sites. For these purposes, we and our third-party advertising companies may place pixel tags (also called clear gifs) on some of the pages you visit on our Sites. We will then use the non-personally identifiable information that is collected using these pixel tags to serve you relevant advertisements when you are visiting other sites on the Internet. These advertisements may be targeted to specific searches you conducted on Quaintance-Weaver Restaurant and Hotels during earlier browsing sessions.
- Other Cookies: Our partners, who provide certain features on our Sites or display advertising based on your browsing activity, also use Local Storage such as HTML5, to collect and store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
Mobile Devices, Anonymous Device Identifiers and Hashed IDs. We and/or data providers that we have engaged may collect and store a unique identifier matched to your mobile device, in order to deliver customized ads or content while you use applications or surf the internet, or to identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers. In order to customize these ads or content, we or a third-party data partner may collect de-identified demographic or other data about you which you have either voluntarily submitted to us, e.g., your email address, or to has been passively collected from you, such as your device identifier or IP address, where permitted. However, we will share your email address solely in hashed, non-human readable form.
Third Party Cookies. If you would like to opt-out of third-party cookies, here are some options:
- If you would like to generally (i.e. not just for this Site) opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website or click here. If you are located in the European Union, please click here to opt out.
- In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available here. To control the collection of data for analytical advertising purposes by Google Analytics Advertising, you may also visit the Google Ad Settings page here. Please remember that changing your settings with certain browsers and ad networks will not carry your privacy choices across browsers and other ad network.
- If you wish to block other cookies, including those being served by companies that are not part of the NAI or DAA, you can configure your browser settings to reject cookies. You can also delete all cookies that are already on your computer’s hard drive by searching for and deleting files with “cookie” in it.
Mobile Devices. If you no longer wish to receive interest-based advertising on your mobile applications, please refer to your device’s operating system settings and follow instructions below.
- iOS users: To use the “Limit Ad-Tracking” option, follow the instructions provided by Apple here: Apple Support Center
- Android Users: To use the “opt-out of interest-based advertising” option, follow the instructions provided by Google here: Google Play Help
- You may want to consider downloading the DAA AppChoices Mobile App to manage online behavioral advertising technology.
If you no longer wish to receive interest-based advertising on your mobile device browser, you can follow the steps outlined above for first party cookies and third party cookies.
Do-Not-Track Signals. We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “do-not-track” signals from your browser.
Please keep in mind that, without cookies, you may not have access to certain features on our Sites, including access to your profile/account and certain personalized content. Removing all cookies from your computer could also affect your subsequent visits to certain websites, including our Sites, by requiring that, for example, you enter your login name when you return to that website. Please note that even if you opt-out, you will still see ads, but they will not be targeted based upon the information collected through these tracking technologies.
Email: If you do not want to receive marketing and promotional emails from Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email to unsubscribe and opt-out of marketing email communications. Alternatively, to the extent that applicable law requires your prior opt-in consent to receive marketing and promotional emails, you can choose not to opt-in. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from one or all of our Sites, we may need to send you service-related communications, such as confirmations of any future reservations you make.
Text Messages: If you no longer want to receive text messages from Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels, reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) in the text message.Alternatively, to the extent that applicable law requires your prior opt-in consent to receive text messages, you can choose not to opt-in.
Cookie Choices: To exercise choices regarding cookies set through our website, as well as other types of online tracking and internet advertising, see our Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising Policy for more details.
Application location choices: As detailed in the Information We Collect section, above, we may collect information about your location if you enable location services through the settings in your mobile device, or, as required, with your consent. You can change the privacy settings of your device at any time to turn off the sharing of this location information with our Sites. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites. If you have specific questions about the privacy settings of your device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your device or your mobile service provider for help.
In addition to the above methods of exercising choice, to the extent required by applicable law or as otherwise noted in the Notices to Residents of Certain Jurisdictions section below, we may provide you with additional choices regarding the processing of your information, which you may exercise by contacting us as detailed in the Contact Us section, below. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable as required by applicable law.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you have created an online account with us and would like to update the information you have provided to us, you can access your account to view and make changes or corrections to your information. You may also contact us as detailed in the Contact Us section, above.
NOTICES TO RESIDENTS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS
Australia Residents:. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints about our collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, or if you believe that we have not complied with this Policy or the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), please contact us as detailed in the Contact Us section, above. When contacting us, please provide as much detail as possible in relation to your question, comment, or complaint. Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels, will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. For more information, please refer to www.oaic.gov.au .
California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights: See California Privacy Statement below
European Union and UK Residents: See EU Data Subject Rights below.
Mexico Residents: You can contact Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels as detailed in the Contact Us section, above, to enforce your privacy rights at any time, including to access your data, ask for your data to be updated, amended or deleted as well as to oppose the way we use your personal data. You may also contact us to request to revoke your previously granted consent to the extent permitted by law. Through the same contact data, we may inform you about: (i) the information that you will be asked to provide to identify yourself as well as the documents you may need to enclose with your request; (ii) timeframes to receive a response regarding your request; (iii) forms available for submitting your request, including template forms that you may use to apply, if available, and the channel through which our answer will be delivered to you; and (iv) how we will deliver your information to you (which usually would be copies of documents, data messages).
EU DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”), you may have certain additional rights, as detailed below. For purposes of this notice, “personal data” has the meaning ascribed in the EU General Data Protection Regulation .
PROCESSING BASES AND CONSEQUENCES
To process your personal data, we rely on the following legal bases:
- For the performance of a contract we have with you (such as if you use our services to make a restaurant reservation, we’ll use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and administer your reservation).
- For compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (such as tax obligations and when we are obliged to comply with lawful requests from competent authorities such as law enforcement) .
- For the purposes of our legitimate interests ( such as tailoring your experience on our Sites and for fraud detection), provided that such processing does not outweigh your rights and freedoms .
The processing may also be pursuant to other applicable legal bases for data processing, especially provisions set out by Member State law. To the extent that a legal ground described above would not apply to processing of your Personal data by us, we will seek your consent for such specific purpose in accordance with applicable law.
If you wish to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest and no opt-out mechanism is available to you directly, please Contact Us.
If you do not provide us with certain of your personal data, we may not be able to fulfill the requested purpose of collection, such as to respond to your queries or provide our Sites to you. However, unless otherwise specified, not providing your personal data will not result in legal consequences for you.
Additional data privacy rights: Below please find information on additional rights you may have under applicable law:
- Access: You may request that we confirm whether or not we are processing your personal data. If we are, you may request a copy of your personal data, which we will provide free of charge, together with information about the such processing, such as the purposes of the processing and the categories of personal data concerned. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. For further copies, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs. We may decline requests which are excessive, particularly if repetitive.
- Rectification: You may edit some of your personal data in your Quaintace-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels account. You may also ask us to change, update or fix your personal data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Erasure: You may request the erasure of your personal data.
- Restrict Processing: You may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances, such as if your Personal Data is inaccurate or unlawfully held.
- Data portability: You may ask for a copy of the personal data you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may have the right to transmit this data to another entity.
- Object: You may object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation under certain circumstances, for example for direct marketing. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes by us, unless there areoverriding compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or as otherwise provided under applicable law.
Please note that these rights may be limited under applicable laws. To exercise your data subject rights under EU General Data Protection Regulation, please submit your request to [email protected] Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request, or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law.
Personal data may be transferred to and processed by recipients that are located inside or outside the European Economic Area (” EEA“). For recipients located outside of the EEA, some are certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and others are located in countries with adequacy decisions, and, in each case, the transfer is thereby recognized as providing an adequate level of data protection from a European data protection law perspective. Other recipients might be located in countries which do not provide an adequate level of protection from a European data protection law perspective and for which we will base the transfer on appropriate safeguards, such as standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission or by a supervisory authority, approved codes of conduct together with binding and enforceable commitments of the recipient, or approved certification mechanisms together with binding and enforceable commitments of the recipient. You may request a copy of such appropriate safeguards by contacting us.