Nancy King Quaintance, Vice-President
Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels
324 W. Wendover Ave. Suite 320, Greensboro, NC 27408
- A Greensboro, North Carolina, native, she began her career in the hospitality industry while still a student at Greensboro Day School. She worked at Walt Disney World in several positions, including The Contemporary Hotel, during summers and other school breaks and eventually full time.
- She was the youngest person to complete Disney University’s College Work Study Program.
- After leaving Walt Disney World she worked with Le Chateau Great Steaks as an assistant restaurant manager.
- She first attended Johnson & Wales College of Culinary Arts and then received her Bachelor of Science degree from Cornell University. While attending Cornell University, she worked full-time as a teaching assistant to Tom Kelly, Department Head for Cornell’s Food and Beverage Department.
- During school, she worked at the Cape Codder Hotel in Massachusetts, The Broadmoor, one of the country’s premier five-star resorts, in Colorado Springs, and two summers for Marriott Corporation where she helped to pilot their IT program for management training in the sales and front office departments.
- She spent five years with Marriott, two years with Guest Quarters in sales leadership, and eight years with John Q. Hammons Hotels as a Regional Director of Sales. During this time, she opened five hotels (Marriotts and Embassy Suites), managed and staffed sales departments throughout the region, and conducted feasibility studies for new hotel development. She co-authored a sales training program for the Hammons organization, used in over forty hotels, and was President of the Advertising Cooperative for Embassy Suites Hotels in the Southeast region.
- She joined Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels in Greensboro in 1994 and is now Vice President working with the communication and marketing team, the culinary team, the hotel sales team, and primarily as a leadership team mentor. Today, the Quaintance-Weaver family includes: Lucky 32 Southern Kitchens, in Greensboro and in Cary, N.C., Green Valley Grill, O.Henry Hotel, Print Works Bistro and Proximity Hotel. Both the O.Henry and Proximity are AAA four-diamond hotels and Proximity is a LEED Platinum hotel, earning the designation of the greenest hotel in America.
- Married Dennis Quaintance in 1983
- Children: Kathleen Troy and Dennis Carlisle born in 1998
- Graduate: Weaver Academy – Greensboro, NC
- Graduate: Sarah Lawrence College – Bronxville, New York
- BA Art, History, Humanities
- Ertegun Scholar – University of Oxford – Oxford, UK
- MST degree in Women’s Studies – St. Peter’s College – University of Oxford – Oxford, UK
- “New” Dennis
- Graduate: STEM Early College at NC A&T State University
- Graduate: Reed College – Portland, Oregon
- BS Physics, Humanities
- Process Development Engineer – Qorvo – Dallas, Texas
- Guilford Green Foundation, Distinguished Service Award (Along with her colleague and husband, Dennis and children, Kathleen and New Dennis)
- Salvation Army (Greensboro) 2017 Advocates of Compassion and Service (Along with Dennis)
- 2009 James Beard Outstanding Restaurateur Award national semifinalist, along with Dennis Quaintance and Mike Weaver.
- 2007 Mentor for Middle East Women’s Business Leaders Conference, presented by the U.S. Department of State.
- 2004 Restaurateur of the Year by the NC Restaurant Association
- Board Member Greensboro Chamber of Commerce & Executive Committee Member
- Member of the GROW Campaign Advisory Board for the Greensboro Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors for Our State Magazine
- Vice Chair of the Guilford College Board of Trustees
- Board Member Greensboro Area Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Greenhill Center for North Carolina Art Board Member
- Member of Zoo Council Board for the North Carolina Zoo
- Greensboro Music Academy (now Music Academy of North Carolina) Board Member
- Winston-Salem Symphony Board Member
Additional Related PAST Experiences
- Contributing food writer for Our State magazine
- Weekly culinary expert hosting multiple cooking segments on WFMY TV 2’s Good Morning Show
- Graduated from Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Attended Johnson & Wales College of Culinary Arts, Providence, R.I.
- Graduated with a B.S. degree in Hotel and Restaurant Administration from Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration, Ithaca, N.Y.