Anne and Colin’s wedding was a classy affair. They are high school sweethearts, with Colin being a year older than Anne. Before he was set to leave for college, he assured her their relationship was more than just high school. They remained together and seven years later, Colin surprised Anne with an artsy proposal, during her senior art exhibition at Meredith College. He had secretly painted “more than just high school” on a canvas and hung it in the gallery. He took a knee…and the rest is history.
We’re thrilled that Anne and Colin chose the O.Henry and Proximity Hotels for their wedding celebrations. The weekend started with a bridal shower luncheon in the O.Henry’s elegant Hawkins Brown room, featuring an afternoon tea menu. The room provided a charming setting that opened to a wonderful English-inspired walled garden featuring original art by our artist-in-residence, Chip Holton. O.Henry’s Pavilion and Don Rives Cloister Garden provided a romantic candlelit ambiance for the rehearsal dinner. The guests enjoyed a unique menu from Green Valley Grill including a selection of three different family-style pasta dishes.
Anne and Colin were married at Our Lady of Grace church in Greensboro—the church Anne grew up in, and where she had always hoped to be married. After the ceremony, 140 guests assembled in the Revolution Room of the Proximity Hotel for an intimate cocktail hour. Dinner, dancing and other festivities followed in the Weaver Room.
A DIY Jenga “guestbook” was a fun and interactive way for people to express their well wishes for the happy couple.
Guests also enjoyed a scrumptious hors d’oevre of Shrimp Remoulade Shooters.
Chef Designed Menus by Print Works Bistro
- Shrimp Remoulade Shooters
- Mini Crab Cakes with Remoulade Sauce
- Assorted Flatbreads (Bacon and Caramelized Onion & Vegetarian)
- Mini Burgers on Baked Gougere
- Seasonal Greens with Dried Cranberries, Walnuts, and Feta, served with a Honey Tarragon Dressing
- Seared Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
- Filet with Herb Butter
- Seared Salmon with Honey Lime Butter Sauce
- Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus
- Baguettes and Butter
- White and Milk Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Square tables with pink linens were decorated with floral arrangements of tall periwinkle delphiniums, accented with hydrangeas and pink and yellow garden roses. Votives and numbered cards (made by the bride herself), also graced each table in the hotel’s Weaver Room.
The newlyweds join their guests in the Weaver Room for an elegant dinner and reception.
The bride and groom share a dance to the tune of their beach music band.
Posing with the wedding party.
A rose petal sendoff for the happy couple.
THE WEDDING MAGIC MAKERS
- Bridal Shower Venue: O.Henry Hotel, Hawkins Brown Room
- Rehearsal Dinner Venue: O.Henry Hotel, Pavilion Room
- Ceremony Venue: Proximity Hotel, Social Lobby
- Cocktails Reception: Proximity Hotel, Revolution Room
- Reception Venue: Proximity Hotel, Weaver Room
- Chef Designed Menus: Print Works Bistro and Green Valley Grill (Rehearsal Dinner and Bridal Shower)
- Florist: Brenda McLamb
- Bakery: Maxie B’s: (Lemon Almond Buttercream)
- Music: The Craig Woolard Band
- Photography: White Box
For more information about planning your wedding or event Greensboro, North Carolina, please email our wedding and event specialists or give us a call at Proximity Hotel: 336-478-9111 or O.Henry Hotel: 336-478-9112.