Top 10 Things to Do in Greensboro
Here are ten great reasons for a romantic escape or to share some quality time with family and friends in our fair city…even if you live here.
- Take in world-class performances at the Eastern Music Festival from June 24-July 27. More than 100 music-related events (some are “fringe”) ensure that the festival suits most everyone’s tastes.
- See the premiere of Tennessee Playboy at Triad Stage on June 9-30, written by Triad Stage’s extraordinarily talented Boone native Preston Lane. He calls it a “redneck romance.”
- Stroll along Elm Street downtown on the “First Friday” of each month. There’s such a great vibe, with the shops and galleries open late (until 9 PM) and folks enjoying street music, art openings and the Indie Market. And don’t miss the amazing International Civil Rights Museum, also on Elm Street and open Monday-Saturday.
- Green Hill Center for NC Art, as the name implies, shows art only from North Carolina artists. Speaking in Species: A North Carolina Perspective runs June 14-August 18, featuring 25 artists working in wood.
- Stroll through 150+ shops in the adjacent Friendly Center shopping village with premier national retailers including Macy's, Belk, Apple, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Chico's, Coldwater Creek, J. Crew, REI, Sears, Anthropologie, White House Black Market, Eddie Bauer, Barnes & Noble, Williams Sonoma and Talbots.
- Explore a variety of special exhibits at the Weatherspoon Art Museum at UNC-G, which has one of the leading collections of 20th- and 21st-century American art in the Southeast.
- Take home some great locally grown goodness from one of two nearby farmers’ markets: the historic indoor Greensboro Farmers Curb Market near downtown and the big Piedmont Triad Farmers Market on I-40.
- Stop and smell the roses and other flowers at the nearby Tanger Family Bicentennial Gardens, Bog Garden and Greensboro Arboretum. Ride the greenway on one of our bikes.
- Celebrate July 4th at Greensboro’s Fun Fourth Festival with a parade, festival and fireworks!
- Go to a Grasshoppers baseball game downtown, and enjoy an impressive fireworks show after every Friday and Saturday home game
Our hotels are located within a stone's throw of each other, adjacent to Friendly Shopping Center and Shoppes at Friendly. We are 3 miles from downtown Greensboro, 3 miles from Greensboro Coliseum and 2 miles from UNC-Greensboro.