Nancy King Quaintance, Vice-President
Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels
324 W. Wendover Ave. Suite 320, Greensboro, NC 27408
- A Greensboro, North Carolina, native, she began her career in the hospitality industry while still a student at the Greensboro Day School. She worked at Walt Disney World in several positions including The Contemporary Hotel during summers and other school breaks and eventually full time.
- She was the youngest person to complete Disney University’s College Work Study Program.
- While attending Cornell University, she worked full-time as a teaching assistant to Tom Kelly, Department Head for Cornell’s Food and Beverage Department.
- During school she worked at a small hotel on Cape Cod, at The Colorado Broadmoor five star resort, and two summers for Marriott Corporation.
- She spent five years with Marriott, two years with Guest Quarters and eight years with John Q. Hammons Hotels as a Regional Director of Sales. During this time she opened five hotels (Marriotts and Embassy Suites), managed and staffed sales departments throughout the region and conducted feasibility studies for new hotel development. She co-authored a sales training program for the Hammons organization, used in over forty hotels.
- She joined Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels in Greensboro in 1994 and is now Vice President working with marketing, as a consulting member of the culinary team, and primarily as a leadership team mentor. Today, the Quaintance-Weaver family includes a second Lucky 32 Kitchen and Wine Bar in Cary. The four-diamond, 131-room O.Henry Hotel and the adjacent Green Valley Grill opened in Greensboro in 1998. The 147-room Proximity Hotel and neighboring Print Works Bistro opened in 2007, just a stone’s throw from the O.Henry.
- Married Dennis Quaintance in 1983
- In 1998, they had twin children, Kathleen Troy and Dennis Carlisle.
Affiliations and Awards
- Restaurateur of the Year 2004 by the NC Restaurant Association
- Member of Zoo Council Board for the North Carolina Zoo
- Mentor for 2007 Middle East Womens Business Leaders Conference presented by the U.S. Department of State.
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Johnson & Wales College of Culinary Arts in Providence, Rhode Island
- B.S. Cornell University ’s School of Hotel Administration