Read more: Design | Artist-In-Residence | Media Coverage | Sustainable Practices | Sustainable Practices Initiative | History of Proximity Cotton Mill
Proximity Hotel is privately held, and it is operated by Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels, led by Dennis Quaintance and Nancy King Quaintance. Dennis and Mike Weaver formed Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants in April of 1988 and opened their first restaurant in Greensboro, North Carolina in 1989 called Lucky 32. They started the company because they are good friends and wanted to be in business together, and because they believe that providing the services embodied in our mission will result in a successful company.
Dennis and Mike are partners. Dennis plays point with the operations of Quaintance-Weaver and Mike contributes in all matters. Mike is also the Chairman of Weaver Investment Company and does a lot of volunteer work. The company has evolved over the years to become Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels and since its inception has opened more restaurants (Lucky 32 in Cary, and the Green Valley Grill & Print Works Bistro in Greensboro) and the O.Henry Hotel.
Keep up with us via our Neighorhood Newsletter from Dennis and Nancy King Quaintance, mailed three or four times each year. Sign up to receive it.
See recent copies online: Fall 2012, Holiday 2011, Fall 2010, Fall 2009, Fall 2008, Summer 2008, Fall 2007, Summer 2007, Autumn 2006, Autumn 2005, Summer 2005, Autumn 2004, Spring 2004, Winter 2004, Autumn 2003, Summer 2003, Winter 2003, Autumn 2002, Spring 2002, Winter 2002, Early Autumn 2001, Late Spring 2001, Spring 2001, Winter 2001, Autumn 2000, Early Summer 2000, Autumn 1999, Spring 1999, Summer 1998, Winter 1997
Our Mission is:
- To provide our guests with the highest quality accommodations at a good value.
- Ensure that each guest receives prompt, friendly, attentive service by a well-trained staff in a clean, comfortable, well-maintained environment that is warm and hospitable.
- Offer an outstanding array of gracious amenities in a distinctive hotel.
- Provide employment that is rewarding and offers education and opportunity in a fair, diverse and inclusive environment.
- Generate profits that: a) justify the investment, b) afford compensation to those who contribute, and c) allow the company to grow.
- Consider sustainable practices in our social & physical worlds, with all of our decisions. (See our Zero Tolerance Policy, QW Sustainable Practices Initiative and QW Fairness Doctrine).
These are the promises we keep to our community.
Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels
324 West Wendover Avenue, Suite 320
Greensboro, NC 27408